What does winter in Yellowstone National Park look like? This six-minute video documents the incredible snowy landscapes, geothermal features, and snow-adapted animals, complete with calming music and slow motion sequences. From photographer Drew Simms:
“I was lucky enough to spend just over a week around Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming last winter. Weather was brutal with temps reaching almost -40F!”
“I spent time photographing and filming some of my all time favorite wildlife experiences. Including frozen bison, multiple coyotes, mountain goats, big horn sheep, and many of the geysers around the park. Hands down one of my most memorable winter camping trips of my life.”
Watch these handpicked videos next on TKSST:
• How do Yellowstone Bison survive harsh winters?
• Geysers and Springs of Yellowstone
• The Bison of Yellowstone, six peaceful minutes in the Great Plains
• The ‘Bear Bathtub’ in Yellowstone National Park
• Zen Snow Monkeys (Japanese macaques) in Japan’s hot springs
• Pandas in the snow at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.