A bee flies in through an apartment window in a busy city, scaring the little girl who lives there. But they soon become friends, playing, growing, and learning together.
Experience Alison Jay‘s picture book Bee & Me with this wordless animated version, a delightful short created for World Book Week 2019.
Old Barn Books shares the video for private and educational use to help start conversations about about the importance of caring for bees and staying connected with nature. The book and video are both wonderful introductions to ecology and conservation.
Bee and Me Lesson Plan ➜
Grades: K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Find bees, conservation, ecology, books, and read-aloud videos on TKSST, including:
• Please Please the Bees read by Rashida Jones
• The first 21 days of a bee’s life, a time-lapse in 64 seconds
• How (and why) do bees sting?
• Little Bees by Betty and the Turnips
• This Is Not A Bee
• Story of Flowers, a breathtaking botanical animation
• An Eagle’s Feather, an animation about the mighty Philippine Eagle
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.