In this daring act by Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba alum Bernard Hazen, the tower of cylinders and pipes stacks higher and higher and higher. Watch as Hazen juggles balls, then bowling pins, while balancing on the precarious rollers. He’s also a pro at evoking those silent film era vibes.
Rola Bola is an acrobatic balancing act that involves standing on a board that’s placed on top of one or more cylindrical rollers.
With practice and safety precautions, performers cultivate balance, coordination, and core strength to execute the simple prop’s difficult tricks.
Cirque’s La Nouba ran for 19 years, from 1998 to 2017, at a custom-built theater in Disney Springs, Walt Disney World Resort. The show’s title is from the French phrase ‘faire la nouba,’ meaning ‘to live it up’.
Watch these related juggling, mime, balance, and circus feats videos on TKSST, including:
• French magic champion Yann Frisch
• Club & ring juggling tricks with a team of four jugglers
• Angelica Bongiovonni rides a Cyr wheel
• The Typewriter, performed with an orchestra
• Balance: Rigolo Swiss Nouveau Cirque artist Maedir Eugster
• La mécanique de l’Histoire, an acrobatic performance by Yoann Bourgeois