This sound collage of British Birdsong is annotated with labels and illustrations of each bird, including multiple birds as their songs layer. It’s a calming and educational ten-minute offering from BBC Earth for International Dawn Chorus Day, the first Sunday of May.
Have you heard these birds where you live? Or have you heard birds recently that you’ve never heard before?
If you’re in the United States, Canada, or Mexico, you can identify your North American birdsong with help from The Cornell Lab’s AllAboutBirds.org’s Guide or Audubon.org’s North American Bird Guide. Both include incredible audio samples.
Watch these related videos next:
• The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s Bird Song Hero
• How do birds learn to sing?
• The bell-like call of the Three-Wattled Bell Bird
• The “Laughing” Kookaburra
• A.I. Experiments: Bird Sounds