Can things found around the house be transformed into a machine that blows bubbles? This upside-down oscillating fan takes on an additional function—raising and lowering a bubble wand of sorts—in this short film by Zita Bernet and Rafael Sommerhalder of Zurich-based animation studio Crictor: Bubbles.
A metal hanger, clamps and a clothespin, a metal can, wires, string, a scrap circle of metal, a heavy-duty ratchet strap, and a familiar-looking heavy base complete the DIY bubble-blowing contraption.
Related bubble videos include:
• Bubble Bot: A robot built for blowing massive bubbles
• Bubble Device #4 at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum
• Three LEGO soap bubble machine ideas
• Bulles de savon géantes (Giant soap bubbles)
• The Catenary and Mathematics All Around Us
• How to make an inverted bubble