Not only does this Tasty recipe video share how to make churros at home, but it also provides a bit of history about the unknown origin of this deep-fried pastry and explores a few pitfalls when making them.
Why three eggs? Vanilla and cinnamon options? What happens if you don’t use the recommended oil temperature? Learn a few extra details about why this recipe works the way it works.
Bonus: After you roll it in crunchy cinnamon sugar, try dipping it in cayenne-spiced chocolate dipping sauce. They share how to make that, too.
Try these recipes next on TKSST:
• Microwave cupcakes in a mug, an easy chemistry experiment
• How To Be A Better Baker with Kiano Moju
• The magic formula for Milk Bar’s strawberry-lemon cake truffles
• Simple summertime blueberry (or almost any fruit) crumble
• Four levels of chocolate chip cookies: From amateur to food scientist
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.