What the horn shark finds, however, is a well camouflaged ambush predator that’s quicker than a thought.
“When an unsuspecting fish comes near, the shark lunges upward, sucks the fish into its huge mouth and swallows it whole.”
Evidently that goes for gulp-size sharks, too. How will this docile horn shark fare against a lightning fast adversary that it can’t see coming?
Fun fact: Horn sharks get their name from the white spines at the front of their dorsal fins.
Watch these shark videos next:
• Tarpon and sharks feast on millions of grey mullet
• Thresher Shark’s Deadly Tail
• The shark that walks: The bamboo shark or longtail carpet shark
• The Basking Shark: A gentle giant with a piano-sized mouth
• An octopus that makes quicksand for a quick escape