“All the time, billions of animal eyes are peering out into the world. All of these are doing basically the same thing: detecting light. And yet animal eyes come in the most spectacular range of styles, shapes, and sizes.”
Watch How Animals See the World, a video exploration of how animals “evolved eyes in incredibly diverse ways and for different purposes.”
Watch these related eye videos next:
• Why do cats have vertical pupils?
• Animals with night vision
• How does your brain help you see color?
• Why is it so hard to catch a fly? A visit to The Robot Zoo
• The Snail-Smashing, Fish-Spearing, Eye-Popping Mantis Shrimp
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.