Go behind the scenes of this factory in Sandanski, Bulgaria where multiple machines work in tandem to create cardboard tubes. This short handheld video walks from the finished product to where recycled paper layers are coated with adhesive and wrapped diagonally in a core of layers.
At the end of the video, a large cardboard tube is cut away from the assembly process.
Different kinds of cardboard tubes can be used as packaging for storage or shipping, as cores that carry other papers and textiles, and lots of other uses.
Watch these related cardboard videos next:
• How to make a cotton ball launcher
• How to make a giant ‘robotic’ cardboard hand
• How to make DIY ramp walker physics toys
• Making a giant cardboard marble run from scratch
• Caine’s Arcade, the movie that inspired a movement
via The Awesomer.