With just three ingredients—self-raising flour, cream, and lemonade (plus a pinch of salt and enough milk to brush the tops)—92-year-old Muriel Halsted makes perfect scones.
2. Measure out five cups of self-raising flour, then sift three times
3. Add a pinch of salt as you sift the flour
4. Fold in 300ml of cold cream
5. Add 300ml of lemonade
6. Keep folding the mixture together until the flour is all mixed in
7. Put onto a floured board, cut into desired sizes and brush with milk
8. Pop them into the oven for ten minutes or until golden brown, turning the tray once during cooking
9. Enjoy with butter, jam, cream, or whatever you like!
Perhaps you can make The Perfect Cream Tea.
Watch and make with these baking videos next:
• How To Be A Better Baker with Kiano Moju
• The chemistry of cookies
• Volcano Bread
• Four pro-chef pastry recipes that are super easy to make
• Microwave cupcakes in a mug, an easy chemistry experiment