How do musicians read music? What do all of those symbols on a musical score mean?
From Classical Minnesota Public Radio‘s Class Notes series, take A Look Inside the Score, an animated overview of the symbols that composers use to communicate the instruments, notes, tempo, dynamics, and other key elements of a piece of music to musicians.
• ‘A Look Inside the Score’ Curriculum Guide .pdf
Watch these music education videos next:
• Rests: Sometimes Music is Silence, a Classical MPR video
• How Notes and Beats Go Together (The Rhythm Pyramid)
• How to Read Music
• How playing an instrument benefits your brain
• Music is full of numbers, a Classical MPR animation featuring Numbers by Shruthi Rajasekar
Bonus: The secrets of Beethoven’s 5th, the world’s most famous symphony.
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.