Learn how to regrow 14 store-bought vegetables and herbs with Jag Singh of Daisy Creek Farms in California. Which veggies and herbs does he include? Here’s the list:
Vegetables to regrow include: 1. Ginger, 2. Green onion, 3. Garlic, 4. Potatoes, 5. Carrot tops, 6. Lettuce, 7. Leeks, and 8. Celery.
Herbs to regrow from cuttings include: 9. Basil, 10. Mint, 11. Rosemary, 12. Oregano, 13. Sage, and 14. Thyme.
Related food videos and growing videos include the How Does It Grow? series and these:
• Love Food Hate Waste: Solutions for reducing food waste
• Time-lapse radish seeds sprouting
• Aeroponic vertical farming: No soil and 90% less water
• Why do carrots taste sweeter in the winter?
• Brooklyn’s Eagle Street Rooftop Farm
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.