Turn up the volume and listen to this Hummingbird Frenzy around a cluster of eight hummingbird feeders on a back patio. The happy swarm was filmed by YouTuber Duane Reid in Valley Center, California in August of 2013. How many hummingbirds can you count? Reid writes of his wife’s hobby:
Lunchtime for Cheryl’s Hummers! Enjoy the frenzy. Over 150 hummingbirds feeding at the same time. Starts out with only one or two, then builds up to a swarm, so view it thru till the end to see them all. Notice the different colors and markings?
Start your own frenzy! Read How to Create a Hummingbird-Friendly Yard, which includes flower recommendations and other tips. For a feeder that’s easy-to-clean-and-refill, we like the Couronne Recycled Glass Hummingbird Feeder. Follow this easy, dye-free sugar and water recipe, too.
Watch more videos about hummingbirds on TKSST, including:
• Over thirty hummingbirds splash & chatter in a bird bath
• UCLA’s Hummingbird Whisperer
• Hummingbirds fly, shake, and drink in slow motion
• The male Costa’s hummingbird has a tiny octopus face
• Hummingbird Battleground in the Talamanca Mountains