Hill, the Family Programs Coordinator for the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden at NYBG, uses the phrases “I notice, I wonder, It reminds me of…” to help prompt discussions that can happen offline, both during or after the video. The exercise can also be used to explore the unique habitats forming under logs or rocks in the green spaces where you live.
Then visit NYBG at Home for videos, activities and classes for kids, virtual events and tours, recipes, plant guides, and more.
Additional related videos on TKSST include:
• What’s underneath this stick in Roy’s Redwoods?
• Scorpions of the Bay Area
• A simple way to tell insects apart: Look at their mouthparts
• 1000s of Bugs, 100 Islands, 1 Happy Entomologist
• Life in the soil revealed in claymation shorts by Maxwell Helmberger
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.