Put on your favorite seven and a half minutes of music and hit play on the video above. This silent series of stop motion studies riffs and reinvents the structures of a simple matchstick over and over again.
Design work provides an opportunity to face worlds and events that I have never known before, acts that connect with people and society, and the possibility of discovering and assembling new ways of understanding and structure of the world.
Watch these matchstick and made in Japan videos next:
• Unendurable line – Design Ah!
• Matchstick Triangle Puzzle – The Curiosity Show
• GRADATIONs, Daihei Shibata’s study of transitions
• Stick Match, a stop-motion animation
• It’s different from what you expected (Unexpected Outcomes) from Design Ah!
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.