The sprinkled powdered sugar is optional, but it might help contain the sticky. Plus, a bit of citric acid will add a sour taste to the jelly candy if you’re trying to balance a sweet orange juice.
And make sure your knife is sharp for clean slices.
Watch these candy videos next:
• Amezaiku candy animal sculptures by Shinri Tezuka
• How are words added to hard candies?
• The Sphere-Packing Problem
• How to build your own Wave Machine physics demo
• Making strawberry hard candy drops on a restored machine from Alaska, circa 1890
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.