The video was originally filmed in 2019 by Alex Pelly for Tatered’s “Nice Content” series, an all-ages break from the rest of their channel. Yonki shared the short on his Always Hand Painted channel in 2022.
By taping a paper guide to the outside of the window, he’s able to paint the design in reverse on the inside. A long thin pole provides a ledge to steady his hand so that the letters are sharp and the paint isn’t smudged.
Bryan Yonki shares work at @WellDoneSigns on Instagram.
Watch these videos next:
• Road painters painting road markings by hand
• Round hand & single stroke lettering demos by Glen Weisgerber
• Behind the Signs: A Look at the DOT Sign Shop
• How vintage-style signs are made at Nutmegger Workshop
• Sign Songs from PBS’ The Electric Company in the 1970s