Canada-based food YouTuber Helly urges her viewers to not waste aging bananas, but to use them as a yummy base for this soft no-knead, no milk, no sugar bread recipe instead.
Sweet and creamy bananas can make excellent alternatives to milk and sugar in some recipes, adding potassium, fiber, magnesium, and vitamins B6, C, and A to the mix.
In this calm demonstration video, she combines 2 ripe bananas (around 280 grams, peeled) with one egg, active dry yeast 3 grams (1 tsp), salt 3 grams (1/2 tsp), 350 grams (2 cups + 1/3 cup) of all-purpose or bread flour, 28 grams (2 tbsp) of unsalted butter and 80 grams (1/2 cup) of raisins.
After two rise periods and some decorative flour sprinkled on top, she bakes the formed buns at 190 C (375 F) for 15-20 minutes. She includes the full recipe in the video.
Discover more bread videos, more videos about food waste, and more recipes to try on TKSST, including:
• Avocado Going Bad? Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse
• Apple Mug Cake, a one-minute microwave recipe
• Four pro-chef pastry recipes that are super easy to make
• Fruit & Yogurt Breakfast Popsicles – From the Test Kitchen
• The history of bread, an intro with Getty’s 2-Minute Time Machine