When six-year-old Seren designed a summer-perfecting Waterfall Swing, Ruth Amos and Shawn Brown at Kids Invent Stuff started building. In this high-energy, how-it’s-made video, the two makers build waterfall that shoots water onto the swing with a hollow top pipe, a pump, and an engine.
Their first test provides a great example of how to fix a fail point to get Seren’s Waterfall Swing design working as intended.
Kids Invent Stuff is “the YouTube channel where 4 to 11-year-olds have the chance to get their invention ideas built by real engineers.” Check out their next video for the results, including an experimental upgrade that includes some soap.
Interested in submitting your ideas? Find their form here.
Also from Amos and Brown: Giant Furry Electric Dog Car.
Plus, watch more back yard and summer water science videos:
• How to make Leonardo da Vinci’s self-supporting bridge
• How to make fizzy bottle rockets
• Rock Swing Cup & more DIY playground physics
• How to make a Wildlife Camera (using a Raspberry Pi)
• How to make a Crazy Pool Vortex
• Plastic bottle water wheel power generator experiment