When a whale finds its tail caught in a fishing net, it uses the challenging predicament to rescue smaller sea creatures tangled in plastic waste. On the shore, a young boy realizes that there’s trash all over the place. He begins to raise awareness and get help with the clean up.
With the fishermen’s assistance, a fleet of boats assembles to embark on a mission to clear the plastic from the sea. And luckily, the whale gets some help, too.
“Hope Works is a series of short films and supporting content designed to inspire the values of kindness, tolerance and understanding in children around the world… visit the website hopeworksproject.com where you will find a wealth of materials to continue the conversation with kids around kindness, helping others, asking questions, understanding, accepting difference, including others, making a difference, asking for help.”
• Little Things Make a Big Difference, a Hope Works .pdf lesson for younger and older classrooms, and for at home.
Watch these videos next:
• One Plastic Beach: Making art from found beach plastic
• Washed Ashore, giant animal sculptures made of found beach plastic
• Sea Chair: Making a stool from plastic debris found in the open sea
• Can we track ocean plastic pollution from space?
• Can seaweed replace plastic packaging?
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.