“When you think of habitat, think of home. For a jay that lives in the forest, the forest is its habitat – where it finds food, water, shelter, and the company of other jays. Or it might live in your back yard or the bank parking lot down the street.”
Plus, related DIY: How to Create a Bird-Friendly Yard.
Watch these bird videos next on TKSST:
• A Lot About Blue Jays with Lesley the Bird Nerd
• Building artificial burrows for burrowing owls
• Trying To Save The Red Crowned Cranes Of Japan
• An Eagle’s Feather, an animation about the mighty Philippine Eagle
• Roseate spoonbills in Florida’s St. Johns National Wildlife Refuge
Bonus: Home Sweet Habitat and Food Webs.
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.