Make a battery cube. Make an LED cube. Then make a cube with a switch and put them together. DIY Paper Circuits Cubes bring flat paper circuits into three dimensions, making it easy to experiment and learn in class or at home.
In this Brown Dog Gadgets video and DIY activity by Pete Prodoehl, these conductive tape-lined modular cubes combine with small ceramic magnets and zinc washers to light up LEDs, switch on fans, vibrate, buzz, and more.
“Magnets and kids don’t always mix. While neodymium magnets are super strong they can be dangerous. We used ceramic magnets for this project, which provide plenty of pull.”
Check out these related activities next:
• Electric Dough Playdate, a fun way for kids to experiment with circuits
• The AgIC marker draws circuits with conductive ink
• How to make a mini robot bug
• How to make a lemon battery
• How to Make the World’s Simplest Electric Toy Train
• How can bananas make music?