Tiny Ponyo sisters swirl around their tiered tower of archways as Ponyo looks upon them with curiosity and awe. They appear to have popped directly out of Hayao Miyazaki‘s enchanting animated film about a magical ocean creature who comes to live on land, but the realistic diorama was expertly made with polymer clay by craft YouTuber Clay Attraction.
Pink foam board, Epoxy resin, UV resin, a UV lamp, and a silicon mold help complete the scene. Watch this lovely wordless video to see how each component is shaped, smoothed, and placed .
Plus, watch a few more clay creations come to life:
• Clay Attraction recreates Joy and Bing Bong’s rocket ride
• Making Wallace and Gromit plasticine figures from A Grand Day Out
• The Secret Story of Toys: Action-figure character sculptors
• How to make a clay ocarina
• Jonni Good’s DIY paper mache clay recipe