We know that sugar is a big part of candy, ice cream, and sweet drinks, but did you know that added sugars are included in 3/4 of the 600,000+ products found in the average grocery store? And that it can go by 56 different names?
Watch this super useful TED Ed by Robert Lustig, with animation by The Tremendousness Collective, to learn more about the different kinds of sugar inside the foods that we eat, and how it interacts with our bodies: Sugar: Hiding in plain sight.
• How Much Sugar Are You Really Eating?
• Why do carrots taste sweeter in the winter?
• Sugar rainbow in a straw, a density science activity
• How to make a Renaissance sugar sculpture
• Debunking fake ‘kitchen hacks’ that have billions of views
• How Gardening Enables Interdisciplinary Learning
Plus: More TED Ed videos.
This Webby award-winning video collection exists to help teachers, librarians, and families spark kid wonder and curiosity. TKSST features smarter, more meaningful content than what's usually served up by YouTube's algorithms, and amplifies the creators who make that content.
Curated, kid-friendly, independently-published. Support this mission by becoming a sustaining member today.