“Once, there were two men. Each had his own idea. One man told his thought to the other man. Then the other man told his idea to the first man.
“Now both men knew twice as much.”
This animation, often referred to as Two Men with Ideas, provides such a simple but meaningful illustration of how communication and knowledge sharing works. Made in 1971, the educational short is from episode 268 in the second season of Sesame Street.
There are more videos from Sesame Street and more videos about communication and sharing on this site, including:
• Three striped balls & a polka dot ball (1976)
• Three classic “Muppet Hands” films
• Dumpling Time! (만두먹방) – A Day of Us
• Two-year-old Ava and her mum chat over dinner in sign language
• How is whalesong like pop music? (And why?)
• Where do new words come from?